Questions we get asked prior to booking the AJO
If you’re just bursting to book the most unique and best live entertainment act anywhere, but still have a couple of questions, then hopefully the details below will help with that …
- How much do you charge?
- It varies depending on the type of event, how long you require the band, and how far the we have to travel, but we’re confident you’ll be pleasantly surprised with our costs compared to a standard size, or smaller function band.
- We do offer a discounted rate for charity events, depending on the details, so please get in touch if this is the kind of event you’re hosting.
- How much space do you need?
- We normally need an area of around 5 metres x 4 metres, and this can be to one side of the dance floor or on a stage, however, our portable staging does allow us to fit into some tight spaces, so please contact us to discuss this further.
- We would need access to 4x 240v double sockets situated behind the performance area, and these should be adequate enough to take the load of a band PA.
- How long do you play for?
- We usually play two sets, each of 45 – 50 minutes, but if you have any specific requirements, just get in touch and we can discuss them further.
- Will I need a DJ as well to fill the gaps?
- It’s up to you. We can play music from your iPod or MP3 player through tour PA system if you want your own music between the band sets.
- If you prefer to book a DJ for when we’re not playing, that’s fine too, we can provide that for you as part of our package,or you may want to source your own.
- What if I have a special request for a particular song or a first dance?
- We have a large library of music covering all genres, and that includes many popular First Dance songs, however, if we don’t have the particular number you are looking for, we can arrange the song especially for you, and you get to keep a copy of the arrangement, signed by the band as a nice little keep sake. Theres is a small additional charge for specifically arranged songs.
- Part of our preparation for your event is to discuss the Set List with you, and to make sure you’re happy with what we play on the night.
- Do you need any other space backstage?
- We just need a separate, lockable room to get changed in and to store our cases and equipment. If you’re also able to provide some light refreshments for the band, that will definitely help them perform at their best!
- How far in advance do I need to book?
- As I’m sure you can imagine, co-ordinating the 20 diaries of our members, especially as they are very sought after musicians, isn’t always easy, so the more notice you can give us the better.
- If I want to book AJO, what’s the next step?
- Once we have agreed a cost for your event, we would normally take a 20% deposit to secure the date and remove it from our availability.
- We’ll then draw up a contract detailing our agreement, and then begin the process of planning it with you in more detail.